Thursday, April 19, 2012

I'm Back!

I've been gone for a minute now I am BACK!!! I checked my counter and was surprised to see that I still have a lot of people who actually check my blog. I get visits from all over the world. And I get weekly visits from viewers in Virginia, Pennsylvania, Rehoboth Beach, DE, Maryland, New York, etc. Therefore, I figured it was time to post an update on what is new in Shana's world.

Most of my reader's know that I have experienced hardships lately. But through everything you learn and you grow from it. My daughter, Weslee Olivia, made me a better person in her short time on this earth. I have grown as a woman and matured as a person. I am so grateful that God blessed me with such a gift. I know my beautiful baby is looking down on us from heaven.

I must acknowledge all of those people who have been there for my family with phone calls, visits, emails, texts, and random acts of kindness. These people were truly put into our life for a reason and a purpose and we am so incredibly grateful. I really don't want to forget anyone, so if I do, blame my head and not my heart. But special thank you to my girls--Meron, Dena, Kim, Nina, Tenesha, Wura, Courtney, Cheri, Mia, Cacia, Ceanethia, Laquisha, Quintina, Marcel, Maurene--You guys travelled all over the eastern seaboard to be by my side.....I love you forever. Huge Thank You to Francine and Micah Edwards and your family. Words cannot express what your kindness means to me. I am forever grateful to you all and cannot imagine my life without meeting you....I love you! And big thank you to the Wilmington Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc and Connections Community Church for your continued outreach and concern. And Thank You to a host of neighbors, friends, pageant friends, etc who supported me as well!

So what have I been up to? Well.....took a couple months off from work to regroup, but went back early this year. I thought it would be challenging. But the reception I received when I returned was just what I needed.

I also poured myself into helping my Local Miss America Titleholders achieve their pageant dreams. Last month, my teen winner, Tanee DeCosta, placed 3rd Runner up in Delaware's Outstanding Teen. She was a 1st time competitor and did an amazing job. I was so proud. In such a short time, she grew so much. Her platform was very personal to her--Anti-Bullying! Big things ahead for Tanee! Next up....Miss DE in June! Expect Atlantic Coast Pageants to have another great showing through Becky Albini. She is working extremely hard and will no doubt be a shining star in her competition as well.



Tanee in Gown



No comments:

Post a Comment