Sunday, March 27, 2011

YAY!!!!

OK! So I should totally be doing 20 things right now. However, I am blogging because I am totally over the moon. Yesterday was a wonderful day for my friends. First, Allison Funds was crowned Ms. Hope Eastern Shore in Pocomoke City, MD. Allison is an amazing person, inside and out, and I am incredibly proud of her. She and I met a couple of years ago at a pageant and she immediately offered me help, support, jewelry, etc. We became fast friends! She was also the loudest person in the audience at Mrs. DE and it meant the world to me to look out in the audience and see her smiling face. Secondly, My friend, Dawn Hicks, was crowned Mrs. Pennsylvania International. I totally didn't think I would be able to attend the event because my Mrs. America "To-Do" List is barely complete and Altoona is about 4 hours away. After speaking to Dawn that afternoon, something said to me "Shana, you have to go!" And boy am I glad I did. She WON!! Dawn and I met a couple years ago while sitting in the audience of a pageant. She is just so incredibly warm, kindhearted, giving, loyal....I honestly could go on and on! When she was deployed in Afghanistan last year and away from her family for months, she always checked in on me to make sure I was doing good. While in the desert serving her country, she was thinking of others....so selfless! I am so happy for her and Geoff and I cannot wait to go to Chicago to cheer her on. A slice of Chicago Pizza will totally be a part of the trip. Again, congrats Dawn and Allison! You ladies ROCK! And thanks Sheri Jenkins for driving!
Dawn's Number 1 Fan, Maddy!! She was sooooo happy!
The Hicks Family! Such a wonderful Family!


1 comment: