Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Fabulous Send-Off!

On Sunday, The Fabulous Brio Tuscan Grille Hosted my Mrs. America Send-Off Party! The event was beautiful and the restaurant pulled out all of the stops. Guests dined on Delicious Pastas, Flatbreads, Calamari, Bruschetta, Flatbreads, Salads, and assorted Mini-Desserts. My Beautiful cake was created by the winner of TLC's "The Next Great Baker". Chef Dana Herbert also made our wedding cake years ago and this Strawberry Cake was just as tasty!

The Beautiful Dr. Francine Edwards, created an amazing Video Thank You to all of my guests and sponsors. I will post it as soon as I figure out how to do it. And the room was filled with Beauty Queens and Friends from near and far. Four Former Mrs. Delaware America's (2009-Cacia Batts, 2004-Meredith Candeloro, 2002-Siouxzan Moore, and 1993-Sheri Jenkins) even came out to join the fun as well as a host of other positive pageant women in the area. It was wonderful to see so many women whom I have competed with come out and show support. Pageants are actually a wonderful vehicle to make friends! I know the party wouldn't have even happened without the help of a few of them.

Proceeds from the event went to Faithful Friends No-Kill Animal Shelter and Geoff dropped off the money today! They were so happy! So thank you! The money will go to the care of displaced animals and provide much needed veterinary care. At least 2-3 pets will be spayed or neutered as a result of our event! That's huge!!! The average fertile dog can produce 2 litters of 6-10 puppies per year. In 6 years, one female dog and her offspring can theoretically produce 67,000 puppies. So preventing unwanted births is directly correlated to helping to save lives!

All in all, Brio and My Guests sent me off in style and with lots of love! A few pics are below!
With My Friend and Former Mrs. Delaware 2009, Cacia Batts. I met her through pageants. But we are friends for life! Beautiful inside and out!

Angie and Valerie! They worked so hard! Love them!!
With the Gorgeous Meredity Candeloro, Mrs. Delaware America 2004! It is always wonderful to see her smiling face!
One of my Bestest Friends in the Entire world, Wura! She made the trip all the way from the DC area because she can't make it to WV! We have a breakfast date coming up!
Pharma Buddy Marcel and her adorable baby Chaz! She even brought me a few hot dresses to take to Nationals! Love her!
Fabulous Attendees! Hilary Thompson, Ellen England (Mrs. Delaware US 2010), and Dr. Francine Edwards
Sheri Jenkins winning her $100 Gift Card to Brio!! The cake was to die for!
With my buddy Alesha Shaw who competed in this year's pageant! She is awesome! Can't wait to hang out more!
Rubbing Tetra's Belly for Good Luck!
And with Geoff! I could no NOTHING without my amazingly supportive husband! Seriously....NOTHING! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment