Monday, June 13, 2011

Just call me Jackie Robinson!!!

Recently, I was privileged to throw out the first pitch at the Wilmington Blue Rocks Baseball Game. Geoff told me over and over again to practice. Of course, I didn't listen. Instead, I scoped out the Field from I-95 on a daily basis and said to myself "That isn't that far. Clearly, I can clear Home Plate". NOT! As I got closer to the pitcher's mound, I realized that the pitch would be farther than I anticipated. I took not 1, not 2, but 5 giant steps forward and still didn't clear Home Base. Oh well....It was super fun and thankfully I was not "boo'ed". Thank you Wilmington Blue Rocks Fans for being so supportive!
Mingling with a beautiful young woman!
Times like this, I realize how blessed I am for this experience. Seeing the smiles on kids faces warms my heart. This young lady wanted me to sign her hand. Reluctantly, I ablated! I felt like Beyonce for a moment!
What can I say? He wanted to try it on!


No comments:

Post a Comment