Sunday, March 13, 2011

Congratulations Emily!!!

Today, I travelled to Lewes, DE to support Emily Rufo in her quest to becoming Delaware's Outstanding Teen! Emily couldn't have done better and was a true shining star. Placing 1st Runner up is quite an accomplishment and a step towards that big win. Many of you know that I have placed 1st runner up a time or two and have used that experience to fuel my desire even more. Emily is not an exception! So many things are on the horizon for her and I am proud to watch her as she moves onward and upward. I was seriously in awe of her performance. Her Lyrical Hip Hop (yes....lyrical hip hop) was flawless.....stunning in gown and fitness....and very passionate about her platform. Delaware (and the entire country for that matter) hasn't seen the last of Miss Emily! Get ready cause here she comes!! To Emily...remember Opportunity often comes disguised in the form of temporary defeat. You are gorgeous, confident, powerful, loved, compassionate, and a pleasure to work with. Like I said, the rest is still unwritten. Enjoy the ride!!!

I have to send a big thank you to the entire Miss Atlantic Coast Board. Thank you for all rallying around Emily and supporting this journey. I look forward to continuing to work with you all. Special Thank you to Hilary Thompson. She worked her fingers to the bone....literally! And of course my hubby Geoff. He shouldn't know what an AB Stone is or who Sherri Hill is, etc. But he does! and he truly cares about this pageant. Thank you Geoff! And last but not least, thank you to the entire Rufo Family! It is wonderful to work with such wonderful people. The support and care they show Emily is inspiring and the kindness they have shown to me is appreciated. Thank You Larry and Melissa for trusting me with your precious daughter and for being a positive example of what it means to be a family. You are definitely role models for Geoff and I.
Part of Team Emily. Sheri Jenkins, Me, Fran Edwards, Allison, and Hilary (official Bedazzler)

Emily in Gown



No comments:

Post a Comment