Sunday, August 14, 2011

Fun Times in Pageant Judging

For me, one of the most exciting things that the Mrs. Delaware Title has brought to me is judging opportunities. As a competitor, I never realized how nervous judges can be. Although contestants are the ones who have worked out , practiced, and picked out their perfect wardrobe, judges have the daunting task of making the right decision. As a judge, you know your decision has the capability of changing someone's life forever, while simultaneously crushing someone's dream. I take that responsibility very seriously cause I have been there so many times before. I find judging to be an honor and treat it with fairness, care, and consideration.

Recently I judged to very fun Pageants. The DE/MD/PA/NJ High School America Pageant and the Miss Northern Virginia USA (preliminary to Miss VA USA). At both pageants, I was thoroughly impressed and am positive that the winners will go on to do great things at their prospective future competitions. And kudos to the directors of these pageants for putting on fabulous events. Thank you for including me.





No comments:

Post a Comment